Avery's Family

Avery's Family

Monday, March 12, 2012

Another beautiful day

Spent most of the day at the University of Michigan.  Avery is participating in a research study called bone mineral density pilot study.She had to be asleep for the study. So it took some time. Her pediatricaian called to let me know her trach culture came in and is growing psudomonas. They decided not to treat her with any more antibiotics unless she starts showing symptoms of an infection. Jeremy played some catch with the kids. Gage and Titan will be playing baseball in May. They get to be on the same team. That's nice for Jeremy and I. We will be able to see the games together. Next year they will be on different teams.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

11 months old today enjoying the weather

                                                           Avery with her new sunglasses



Finally a day that was warm enough to take Avery out without having to cover her trach. I didn't realize how much I was missing the warm weather too. We barbecued and the kids played on the trampoline. It was a great day.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

No hospital stay as of now

Good news is no hospital stay. A trach culture was done, we will get results within 48 hours. Honestly she seems happy and doing good. They are having me up her atrovent inhaler to 4 times a day and percussion(beating on her sides and back to loosen up mucus) until we get some results back. If her sats drop below 90 and stay down for a period of time then I need to take her to the ER. I am hoping for a restful night.

Up all night

Up all night with Avery. Her pulsox was alarming. She was desating into the 80's. This is caused from lack of oxygen. So I  suctioned her to make sure her trach was cleared, this didn't help. I changed her trach in case she had a plug, but that didn't help. After 3 hours of hearing the alarm go off every 5-10 minutes, I called the doctor. They said if it continued to call in the morning. So I am now on my way to the hospital. I have a feeling she has a respiratory infection. I'm hoping she doesn't but if she does I pray it can be treated at home and not in the hospital.