Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Shunt scheduled for 9am
I finally recieved a phone call from the doctor confirming Avery's shunt surgery for tomorrow at 9am. They said it should only take a couple of hours. They were waiting for the plastic surgeon to decide if it was okay for Avery to be on her back for the surgery. They said she could have the surgery as long as she was propped on her side to keep pressure off her back. So a shunt it will be. I asked the neurosurgeon today when she would be expected to come home after the shunt. I was told if everything goes well and her breathing gets better then next week. I have something to look forward to.