Avery's Family

Avery's Family

Sunday, July 22, 2012

California Sun

The last couple weeks have been quite interesting. Where to begin. Lets start with last Saturday. I took Avery to the Dr's since she just hadn't been herself and I knew I was going to be flying to California on Tuesday to see my mom. So I wanted to make sure she was okay. Dr said she was fine. Sunday Avery didn't seem to be feeling well again, so Monday I took her back to the Dr's. They did a urine culture and trach culture. Tuesday I flew out of Detroit and landed in Ontario, California at 11pm. Avery did well on the plane, except when we landed her ears were hurting. By the time I got to my parents house and hooked up all of Avery's equipment it was 2am. Wednesday came and Avery was still not herself. She set off her pulsox machine several times throughout the night. I called her pediatrician and neurosurgeon in Michigan, they both suggested I take her in. So at 7pm I drove down to Loma Linda childrens hospital, which was an hour from my parents house. After several hours and an X-ray they discovered she had pneumonia. Her pediatrician from Michigan called a day later and said her cultures came back and she had psudomonas and strep. I'm glad I took her in when I did. Avery is a funny little girl, she doesn't  show typical signs of an infection, her behavior changes and she's fussy. So when the doctors see her they think she is fine until they do tests. Her pulsox machine has been going off everynight since and several times. I'm so confused as to what is going on with her. She is on a high dose of antibiotics, so she should be feeling better by now. Yesterday we celebrated my birthday. It was nice being with my mom, brother and family. Tomorrow Avery and I are going to spend some time with my sister and her family in San Juan Capistrano.
                                                                 Cousin Sam and Avery
                                                              Sleepy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment