Avery's Family

Avery's Family
THIS FAMILY CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another eventful day

Today we had Avery's hearing test. I was at the hospital at 7:30am for her appt. She had to be asleep during the first 45minutes of the test. She did good. During the test I found out that the reason for the test was because she failed in her right ear the first time it was done in the hospital before she went home. Funny how no one mentioned this, maybe they figured I had enough to worry about. I had never seen this type of test done before, they put little electrodes on her forehead and on the sides of her cheeks by her ears. They put these plugs in her ears that made different noises.  This test measures how the hearing nerve responds to sounds from the brain stem. What we found out was that Avery has little to no hearing in her right ear and some hearing in her left ear. This is another side effect of the Chiari. This poor little girl needs your prayers. The surgery for the chiari is not an option right now, because Avery is so little, and if it were an option we are not gauranteed it would work.

1 comment:

  1. Friend, I wish I was there to bring you coffee and sit next to you on this roller coaster. I love you! H

    ReplyDelete