Avery's Family

Avery's Family
THIS FAMILY CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

                                                     
She is still pretty swollen in her face from surgery.

Avery is doing well, she is still on oxygen, but a very low setting. I was told today that they will keep her on the oxygen for a few more days to keep her comfortable and then start weaning her off. They started doing shock treatments this morning to see if her muscles would twitch. By this afternoon she was moving, that was a good sign. She is on a lot of pain medication, so she is sleeping all the time. Her incision on her back looks a bit worse than yesterday, but the doctor warned us that it would. In the picture of her back you can see blue ink, those areas were marked to be cut but they didn't need to. I was discharged today and am staying in a nesting room. I will stay as long as I am able. Jeremy is juggling the kids, school and sports while I'm away, he seems so tired when I talk to him but he's doing a great job. The physical therapist came in and showed me a few more stretching and massaging techniques for Averys little foot.

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to post to say congratulations on your beautiful new addition. Sounds like things are going well. Make sure you take care of yourself as well. I'm hoping we get to met you guys at some point once yyou are home and settled. Maybe at one of our summer playdates if you guys can make it.

    ReplyDelete